Investment Operations Manager
Focus is seeking an Investment Operations Manager to join our team. The incumbent will work across our investment operations functions, including compliance, investment fund operations, and risk mitigation. The individual will report to the Investment Operations leader, Stephen Joakim.
- Liaise with various firm leaders to provide investment operations and compliance support, including service providers, custodians, fund managers & administrators (ie. NBIN)
- Work across public and private fund operations
- Accountable for compliance activities across the firm, employees, and client onboarding
- Support firm’s fund administration activities, including tax reporting and fund financials
- Develop and implement risk assessment protocols
- Continuously learn and seek new knowledge / expertise
- Assist the Firm’s external Fund auditors and administrators with annual reviews and sampling as required
- Responsible for client reporting, both standardizes and customized
- Track client capital calls and investment funding to ensure they are funded on time
- Monitor Cash and FX forward activity advising client consulting teams as needed.
- Maintain updated processes and procedures for the team
- Trouble shooting for staff when they encounter client administrative and reporting issues
- Review client KYC folders for completeness prior to CCO review
Candidate capabilities and experience:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of operations/compliance experience in a fund accounting or private fund environment
- Completion of CSC, CPH, EMP and/or IFIC Operations course would be a definite asset
- Advanced level Excel skills and experience working in a database environment
- Familiarity with Infinite Systems “Harmony” would be an asset
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Willingness to go above-and-beyond continuously to provide an exceptional client experience
- Proven track record of delivering results in an ambiguous and fast paced environment
- Exceptional communicator who can interact with various functions of the business including portfolio management, operations, client service, etc.
Focus is an established private investment management firm catering to high-net worth individuals, families and foundations. We help our clients protect, grow and manage their wealth in a manner that reflects, and is consistent with, their unique circumstances and objectives. In addition to investment management solution, Focus also provides broader wealth management services including estate planning, tax planning, philanthropic, and legacy considerations.
The Focus team is comprised of dynamic individuals with unique backgrounds and skills. The culture is entrepreneurial, results driven, and focused on creating a professional environment that is founded on integrity and trust.
To apply, please send you resume to Andreea French email@example.com